Arsenal have yet to contact Napoli, says Romano
Fabrice Romano, An Italian transfer market expert has revealed that English Premier League club Arsenal have yet to contact Napoli over a deal for Victor Osimhen despite continued speculation linking Nigeria with a move to the club. north london, PUNCH Sports Extra reports.
The Super Eagles striker is undoubtedly a target for Mikel Arteta, who is in the market for a new striker following the departure of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to Barcelona in January and the imminent departure of Alexandre Lacazette.
Osimhen has enjoyed a fantastic season at Napoli, scoring 18 goals in 32 appearances in all competitions.
The 23-year-old was also named Italian Serie A Most Valuable Player for U-23 footballers last season and was one of Europe’s most sought after strikers ahead of the transfer window with Arsenal reportedly in leading the race for the Nigerian international.
However, according to Romano, contrary to previous reports, there have been no talks between the parties so far, despite media speculation that the striker’s intermediary recently traveled to London for contract talks with the Gunners.
“As of today, I am not aware of any advanced negotiation for Victor Osimhen at Arsenal,” said Romano who was taken offside.
“For the moment there is no proposal on the table, guarantee sources close to the club.
“Arsenal are waiting for answers from Gabriel Jesus, who is the priority target, but who is also of interest to other clubs.”
Osimhen’s contract is due to expire on June 30, 2025, although Napoli are open to offers above €100.
All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this website may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without the prior express written permission of PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]